Language Development VR Prototype
What Can VR Offer?
• VR offers the viewer access to worlds that previously were never possible.
• Audio has become so advanced that audio creators can “trick” the viewer into thinking what they hear is real.
• One is completely submerged into the world of the VR, often unresponsive to the real world
• Motion Sickness
• Technology is clunky and hard to wear for long periods of time
How it Differs From Other Mediums
• The affordances that VR offers transcend any other immersive experience that has ever happened in history.
• Gives the viewer agency, immersion, and empathy.
• In this prototype, the experience will be focused on agency and immersion.
How Language Development Leverages VR
• In language development, immersion is key. What better way to learn a language in its native country.
• Logistically it is difficult for many to move to a new country just to learn a new language.
• It can oftentimes be difficult for one to practice a new language if those around then do not speak the language.
• One has agency and can go as fast or as slow as they like as well as practicing when the moment fits their schedule.